Call for WAC-10 2024 Bids
The World Archaeological Congress is calling for bids to host the Tenth World Archaeological Congress (WAC-10), due to be held in 2024. WAC International Congresses are held every four years, with WAC-7 and WAC-8 respectively attracting around 900 and 1,800 participants respectively. The Congresses normally span five or six days with a middle day reserved for excursions. Congresses are open to both members and non-members.
There have been eight WAC Congresses so far:
- WAC-1 (Southampton, England, 1986)
- WAC-2 (Barquisimeto, Venezuela, 1990)
- WAC-3 (New Delhi, India, 1994)
- WAC-4 (Cape Town, South Africa, 1999)
- WAC-5 (Washington DC, USA, 2003)
- WAC-6 (Dublin, Ireland, 2008)
- WAC-7 (Dead Sea, Jordan, 2013)
- WAC-8 (Kyoto, Japan, 2016)
The ninth WAC Congress, WAC-9, will be held in Prague, Czech Republic in July 2020 (www.wac-9.org). Bids for WAC-10 will be presented to the WAC Assembly at WAC-9 in Prague, Czech Republic. Guidance in preparing a bid can be found in the Bid Preparation Guidelines.
Deadline for the submission of WAC-10 2024 Bids is 14 April 2020. All submissions for bidding must be emailed to Dr Ndukuyakhe Ndlovu (ndukuyakhe